November 9, 2022
Citrix patches 3 critical authentication bypass vulnerabilities that affects Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway
Citrix has released security updates for Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway to address a critical authentication bypass vulnerabilities.
The 3 vulnerabilities, in some configurations, can allow attackers to obtain unauthorized access to the device, perform remote desktop takeover, or bypass the login brute force protection.
- CVE-2022-27510 (Critical) – Authentication bypassing using an alternate path or channel, may allow an attacker unauthorized access to Gateway user capabilities.
- CVE-2022-27513 (Critical) – Insufficient verification of data authenticity, allowing remote desktop takeover via phishing.
- CVE-2022-27516 (Critical) – Login brute force mechanism vulnerability allows an attacker to bypass it.
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway 13.1 before 13.1-33.47
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway 13.0 before 13.0-88.12
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway 12.1 before 220.127.116.11
- Citrix ADC 12.1-FIPS before 12.1-55.289
- Citrix ADC 12.1-NDcPP before 12.1-55.289
CYREBRO recommends all customers of Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway to install the relevant updated versions of Citrix ADC or Citrix Gateway as soon as possible.
Users of Citrix-managed cloud services do not need to take any action.
References: Citrix Advisory